First, you should choose which music you want to play once someone is on hold. You can download our pack of royalty-free music files from the following link: https://secure.voxsun.com/billing/dl.php?type=d&id=56
You can also use your own music, but you need to make sure that you have the rights to play the song as music on hold through a phone system. The music sound file has to be in a .wav file format, mono, u-law encoded and at 8000 Hz.
The first step is to upload the file to your phone system by the following these steps:
1. Log in to your VoxSun Portal using the PBX administrator account.
2. Click on "Unified Communications" on the left sidebar.
3. Click on the "Sounds" icon.
4. Click on the "Add Sound" icon.
5. Type in a name for the song in the "Name" field and check the "This is music on hold" checkbox. Then, browse for the music sound file in the "Filename" section.
6. Click on the "OK" button to upload the file.
7. If you want to upload more than one song to be randomly selected once a caller is put on hold, simply follow the steps 2 to 6 again.
Once the music was uploaded, you will need to apply it to each extension you want the music on hold to play instead of the default one:
1. Click on "Extensions" on the left sidebar.
2. Click on the extension for which you want to change your on hold music.
3. Click on the "Phone Terminal Setup" icon.
4. On the "Default music on hold folder" row, click on the musical note icon to the right of the text field.
5. Click on the folder with two slashes (//) on the left and click on "Dismiss".
(The two slashes refer to your own PBX's music on hold while the four slashes refer to VoxSun's default music on hold).
6. Click on the "OK" button at the bottom of the page to save the music on hold selection.
7. Repeat the same steps for each extension for which you want to change the music on hold.